There is a name of a man probably not familiar to many Americans, especially this day and age. This man was from the State of New Jersey. He was a lawyer, an artist, a poet and a distinguished civil servant of the United States and also served on the United States Naval Board.
It was while on the Naval Board that he decided to design a flag. It took him four years, but he finished with a flag that is very well know around the world. During the four years he also designed several ornaments, devices, and checks appearing on bills of exchange, ship papers, the seals of the boards of Admiralty and Treasury, and the Great Seal of the United States. For his four years of labor, he was offered nothing in return.
He thought that since he had put forth so much time and effort that he should be compensated in some way. In a letter he wrote to the Board of Admiralty he submitted a bill and asked whether a "Quarter Cask" of the public wine would be a reasonable reward for his services. The Board sent the letter to Congress for approval. Just as it is today, Congress appointed a special board to discuss the matter. This went on for a year and a half. The man's political adversaries blocked all attempts to have him paid for his services, they never denied that he made the designs. During this long delay over a quarter cask of wine the man had grown weary of the controversy and on July 23rd, 1781, he resigned his office as Treasurer of Loans which he had taken during the long wait. The man, Francis Hopkinson, never got so much as a jigger of wine for designing the Flag of The United States of America.
You can see that some things never change in Congress. Common sense items that could be handled in a matter of minutes, is turned into bureaucratic absurdity.
Speaking of absurdity, recently a federal decision came down, with out approval of the American People, that the recital of the Meaning of Each Fold of an Honor Guard Funeral Flag has been banned from funerals of our brave soldiers and policemen who have given their lives for our protection.
National Cemetery Administration spokesman Mike Nacincik said, the 13-fold recital is not part of the U.S. Flag Code and is not government approved. This recital has been in effect at least a century and a half. So why is it all of a sudden not part of the U.S. Flag Code? How did it get initiated into the ceremony in the first place if it was not in the Flag Code? How about citizen approval rather than government approval? It took just one person, who by the way is and atheist, to bring the ban about. Just one person out of 298,028,000 to persuaded the National Cemetery Administration to do the politically correct thing. But, when people wear the flag as clothing or burn the flag or walk on the flag it's ok. These deeds are in the Flag Code, so why aren't they enforced? They are much more abusive acts than saying the word God.This is a perfect example of what political correctness is, and it is totally unacceptable. The following are the Thirteen Flag Fold recitals.
Our Flag, when presented to a family that has lost a loved one in the military or police duty, is folded thirteen times and each fold is represented by a recitation which represent what our country is founded on. They are as follow:
These meanings, not part of the U.S. Flag Code, have been ascribed to the 13 folds of American flags at veteran’s burial services:
1. Symbol of life.
2. Symbol of our belief in the eternal life.
3. In honor and remembrance of the veteran departing our ranks who gave a portion of life for the defense of our country to attain a peace throughout the world.
4. Represents our weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in times of war for His divine guidance.
5. A tribute to our country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur, “Our country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong.”
6. Represents where our hearts lie. It is with our heart that we pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
7. A tribute to our armed forces.
8. A tribute to the one who entered in to the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day, and to honor mother, for whom it flies on Mother’s Day.
9. A tribute to womanhood.
10. A tribute to father.
11. In the eyes of a Hebrew citizen, represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon, and glorifies, in their eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
12. In the eyes of a Christian citizen, represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in their eyes, God the Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost.
13. When the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost, reminding us of our national motto, “In God We Trust.”
The United States has a population of approximately 298,028,000 of which 217,872,000 or 76.5% are Christian. There are 1,424,000 or 0.5% agnostics and 1,139,200 or 0.4% atheists. The other 68,427,229 are divided up into several other religions. So the figures show that this country is overwhelmingly Christian. Less than 0.1% are atheists and agnostics. Just as in elections the majority of the votes should rule. So why is one vote the winner over 217,875,000? I suspect that Communism has sunk it's pestilential roots so deep in this country, that what the people want is out of the question. The government is taking over the U.S. right in front of our eyes and we do nothing about it. Why? Because, it's not politically correct, and this country has turned into a group of cowardly weaklings.
The borders are left unattended so the illegal aliens and Islamo terrorist can flood into our country. The NAFTA SUPER HIGHWAY is being built as I write this article, and denied by the government. Thousands of Mexican trucks are already traversing highways all over our country with who knows what on board. The word God is taken out of our culture. Now our warriors are being deprived of a true military burial because an atheist doesn't like the word God in the Flag Folding Recital. And, we as citizens of the United States of America are supposed to sit back and take these outrageous and monstrous events as though they are for the betterment of our country? We are being lied to every single day by our politicians and the socialist media. That my friends in a word is BULLSHIT.
This worm of a man along with all of his cohorts should be drafted and sent to Iraq, but I doubt that they would have the guts for that. Yet they are perfectly happy to sit in their nice homes drinking beer and watching idiotic sit-coms protected by the same men and women they downgrade and disrespect. People like them are backed by the repugnant organization the ACLU, a group whose agenda is to turn this country into a communist society. There comes a time when we must say enough is enough, and we aren't going to take it anymore.